Wellllllll, here’s a little update about our summer. This Saturday, Kevin, Julia & Joey* leave for the Dominican Republic. That is FOUR sleeps and an all-nighter, y’all! Eeeeeeek. Emma and I follow a couple of weeks later (June 15th to be exact). WOOT!
No, this is not when we are moving. We will be there for the summer and return to Ohio in August to continue raising support. And in-between there, on July 29th we will leave the DR and stop in Tampa, FL for SCORE Missionary Training School. Then, we hope to speak at a church* in the Tampa area Sunday, August 3rd and will return to Ohio August 4th.
When are we MOVING then? It is completely in the Lord’s timing. We don’t know the exact timing, but as soon as we have our full support raised you can bet we’ll be on our way :). Maybe January-ish. Maybe June-ish. Maybe we’ll go for the summer again next year. We just don’t know. Just walkin’ by faith here… 🙂
That being said the kiddos will be back at LB (school) next fall. Unless something miraculously changes over the summer, that is the plan. The plan is very fluid.
We are excited and a little anxious about this summer.
- Serving IN the DR
- Serving WITH wonderful missionary friends we already know
- Serving with and meeting the rest of the amazing missionary staff in the DR
- Sharing Christ, helping where needed, being able to wake up every morning and say, “Here am I. Send me.” Shouldn’t we be doing that anyways? 🙂
- Seeing where we will be living/working
- Hearing from the Lord as He clarifies our role down there, showing us where He is working and where He wants us to walk in what He is already doing
- God’s provision thus far! Praise Him!
- (One child in particular) the plane ride(s)
- Learning/re-learning a new culture, language etc.
- Where we fit
- What it will be like – where we will live – what will we be doing – who will we be working with
- What if (I) don’t like it
It has been a blessing to take this excitement and anxiousness to the Lord together as a family as He has been preparing us for this summer (and beyond). It’s amazing to look back and be able to see how He molds us and shapes us, gives us experiences and difficulties that always prepare us for what’s next. He does go before us. Praise Him!
So if you think of us over the next few weeks, here are a few things you can pray for us:
*Joey’s passport still has not arrived. We are at 5.5 weeks… so here’s hoping it comes by Friday 🙂
*The two weeks our family will be split in the US/DR
*Acclimating into the DR, the ministry of SCORE etc.
*Opportunities to serve, help and LOVE on people – that God will use us for His purpose
*Quickly picking up (re-picking up) the language. Hemos estado practicando.
*That God will use this time to grow us closer to Him
*For the groups/mission teams that will be coming down, for God to use them and for us as we minister to/with them
*A church to speak in August 3rd in the Tampa area
*Missionary Training School (need to raise support for that)
*Connections with more churches/individuals and opportunities to share our ministry/raise support this fall
~Kevin, Kendra & kiddos
PS – Here are a couple of PIX from Maranatha Bible Church that we visited this past Sunday.