So, I’m not (technically) a Pastor’s Wife” anymore. We closed our church. So, while I may not be making bulletins, sending emails, leading Bible Study, organizing a kid’s ministry, planning events, coordinating volunteers and simply being there for needs that arise in the church – there are some things that haven’t changed. I mentioned in a blog post a few years ago, I didn’t do what I did because I was the Pastor’s Wife, I did them because I am a follower and lover of Jesus. Here are some things that haven’t changed:
- I love Jesus. I love Him. He has saved me and redeemed me. He has given me hope and a purpose. He is my Savior and my BEST and most trusted Friend.
- I love His word. His word guides me, encourages me, convicts me, displays His love for me… He. Still. Speaks. To. Me.
- I LOVE His people. I love our L-Peeps. That is the most heartbreaking thing about closing a church. I felt like all of our kiddos were taken away from us and placed into foster care. We were in a beautiful season of sweet fellowship. I also love His kiddos that were not L-Peeps. We are the church if we bear Christ’s name, and He has given me a great love for you.
- I love that He has a plan. I love that He hasn’t forgotten about me. I love that I can trust Him. I love that He is sovereign. I love that He gets me.
- I love that He’s not finished with me yet. Just because I’m not serving Him through a church right now, He will still use me. In fact, I may just be more effective, more hands-on (like He’s called me to be) in this next season.
Annnnnnnnnnd, I still like sushi, cheering on my kiddos in what they love, Coffee Amici and my doggies. Reading a good book (actually have some time for that right now), chatting with my fraaaaannnd in Connecticut, writing and hanging out with my man. Oh, and I still have a job… til Friday (EEEEKKK!).
So, while a lot has changed, there’s more that hasn’t changed. God is good.