Not my favorite year. Not gonna lie. Some things were out of my control, but some things I could do differently and here’s what I hope to do differently in 2012:
- I’m going to look for God’s rainbows (promises) in the storms instead of just drowning in the rain
- I’m going to say THANK you more
- I’m going to trust more and fret less
- I’m going to focus MORE on the friends I still have than the ones I don’t
- I’m going to live each moment with intention
- I’m going to worry less about me and more about others
- I’m going to LOVE more
- I’m going to ‘be still’ more and KNOW that He is God
- I’m going to let Him heal, restore
- HELP ME, JESUS – none of this is possible without You
God has a purpose for everything 2011 brought our way. I know I missed some of it because of being more caught up in circumstances rather than dependence on the One who holds all circumstances. The locusts had a feast in 2011, but God is going to RESTORE what the locusts have eaten.
Joel 2:25-27 25 I will repay you for the years that the swarming locust ate, the young locust, the destroying locust, and the devouring locust- My great army that I sent against you. 26 You will have plenty to eat and be satisfied. You will praise the name of Yahweh your God, who has dealt wondrously with you. My people will never again be put to shame. 27 You will know that I am present in Israel and that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other.
Like a PC (not a Mac, ahem), Kendra needs a “System Restore”, back to the basics, clear out the cache and make room so everything will run better, for God’s glory.
Happy New Year! 2012 for God’s Glory!
PS – Check out the verses that follow those above. Looking for all that GOD will do in 2012 and beyond until THIS day!! Joel 2: 28-32