Today was LifePoint’s 2nd annual Peep Drop! We had amazing weather (70 degrees), an amazing crowd (4000+ people) and amazing FUN (inflatables, peeps, candy, sno cones, popcorn)!!
However, the peeps did NOT drop from the sky :(. Right about the time that we started lining up at the softball fields, the wind picked up. And picked up. And picked up. The helicopter pilot told Kevin that he couldn’t take off until it died down… so the PEEP DROP was delayed. When we realized that it wasn’t going to die down, L-Peeps put peeps on the fields and the kiddos still got to leave with peeps. Plus, they got candy on their way off of the fields.
There were a few disgruntled people, but 99.99% of the people in attendance understood – and had a great time with all the other FUN stuff to do!! Kids got to get their picture taken with a live PEEP, play on the bouncies, get their faces painted and left on sugar highs. You’re welcome parents :).
- *Thankful for all the commuity support we got in pulling this off!
- *Thankful for the problem of TOO MANY PEOPLE! (We already have some ideas for next year how to better streamline this event ie. timed drops by age group, some events outside, MORE prizes, peeps and candy!!).
- *Thankful for the MANY LifePoint Peeps that totally rocked the socks off this community being bouncy thing bouncers, prize-give-awayers, crowd control, candy giver-outers, peep-passer-outers, greeters, parachute-putter-togethers, snack-makers….
- *Thankful for our CEF friends that shared the gospel with 200 kiddos!
- *Thankful that we were able to put the PLAN OF SALVATION in the hands of 1000s of people and invite many to church for Easter! Draw them, Lord!
All that… and tomorrow is EASTER! Can’t wait to share the BEAUTIFUL story, from Creation to the Resurrection, tomorrow at LifePoint! It’s going to be amazing. How could it not be? It’s the most amazing story ever… TRUE STORY to boot!
Finally, here’s what 1000s of people got to read today. Maybe you’ve never heard this story:
The Gift of Easter
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. 1 Cor. 15:3-4
A – Admit that you’ve sinned.
B – Believe that Jesus is God’s Son and Died for YOU!
C – Confess that He is Lord of your life!
Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be SAVED! Rom. 10:13
If you don’t have a home church and live in the area, please join us tomorrow at LIFEPOINT, to celebrate the greatest story ever told.