Well, RACHEL BOLDMAN… You must be on a roll… 1st you win a ticket to BLISSDOM… and NOW you’ve won a copy of “The Family God Uses” by Tom & Kim Blackaby!!! CONGRATS!! (Email or DM me your contact info and I’ll get the book out to ya’ asap!!)
Following the principles of his father’s book “Experiencing God” Tom Blackaby, along with his wife Kim, share how your family can ‘see where God is working and join Him.’ According to Blackaby, the ‘family God uses’ a) has authentic faith, b) strives to live righteously and c) strive to seek and serve Him. Who doesn’t want this for their family?
While I found many practical and helpful insights from this book, I did not find it easily readable at times. However, it is worth trudging through to get to those nuggets of inspiration and application so readily presented throughout the book. For example:
- “God’s priority is for church leaders to be spiritual leaders in the home first and out of that, to be better able to lead God’s people.” (emphasis mine)
- “Families who take seriously their relationship with God and their involvement with His people will begin to incorporate the mission of the church as their family mission.”
- “Families and churches work together to bring the good news of Christ’s love and sacrifice to those who have not heard it.”
- “There’s no better way to demonstrate our love than when we serve. Every Christian should be service-oriented.”
- “Service shows our gratitude to God for all that He has given us physically, spiritually, socially, etc., and demonstrates to others our love for them and for God at the same time.”
The book concludes with ideas of how your family can serve together as well as some ‘family time reflection’ starters. I do recommend “The Family God Uses” as a resource for the family that is seeking and willing to say YES to God’s invitation to join Him in His work.
The kind and generous folks at New Hope Publishing have graciously donated a copy of “The Family God Uses” to be given away on my blog! Yea! Who doesn’t love a GIVEAWAY?? If you’d like to try to ‘win’ a copy of this book, simply leave a comment below and you’ll be in the running! I’ll be doing the drawing Monday (the 18th) at 10pm.
If you aren’t the ‘lucky winner,’ stop by New Hope Publishers and get 30% off with this promo code NHWEB.
PS – New Hope Publishing does send me a free copy of books that I review for them, whether my review is favorable or unfavorable.