The last post was not exactly a warm-fuzzy, ear-tickler, kind-of post. Sorry. Kind of. (On a side note, I find it interesting that intense posts like that don’t generate comments. Which is cool. I’m not posting to see how many comments a post can generate, I post what God’s burning on my heart… but I twittered/FB’d a link to the post yesterday and got 1 comment and 1 FaceBook *like*. A few hours later I twittered/FB’d that my kiddos wanted spaghetti noodles with maple syrup for dinner and got 14 comments. I’m pretty sure that speaks for itself. I know I’m not the only one who has not personally led someone to Christ (outside of church walls/activities) in 2009…) Don’t worry, I have warm-fuzzy coming (Christmas stuff) and even some book reviews and give-aways just in time for Christmas… but for now… I just can’t help but think that someone could be standing right now in the fiery flames of hell because I didn’t tell them about Christ. And it’s bugging me. And it should.
I have been praying about how to be more intentional in sharing Christ. Here’s what I have come up with so far. Now, it can be tricky for a ‘stay-at-home-mom’ in a one-car family to be out ‘there’. And when I am out, it’s often for church stuff. But, I’m not going to use that as an excuse… Because I am out there sometimes. And I need to be more intentional about being ‘out there’ when I am.
- *At The Gym: Gotta be honest here, when I go to the gym, it’s earbuds in, Jesus music playin, cardio pumpin, decompressin time for me. Me time. I don’t make eye-contact. I don’t want to talk to anyone. I want to be in my own little world. Do we need time (me time) to decompress? Yes. But, as I stated before, I’m a SAHM in a 1-Car family (almost said one-horse open sleigh… but that’s for Thursday 😉 – I can decompress at home, when I have to be home. I want my gym time to be more intentional. In the next few days/weeks, I’m going to turn the earbuds down (so I don’t ear-butt someone outta heaven), make eye contact (smile even), be friendly, start conversation and we’ll see how the Lord will lead. I will twitter/post results – and I do want to be held accountable. (DID I JUST SAY THAT?)
- *At Home: Now, duh! Of course we are intentional about Christ under our own roof. And, yes – I understand and embrace the fact that my primary ministries are pouring into my pastor hubby and kiddos. And another yes- all five of us have individually accepted Christ and been baptized… But, I have neighbors. I have neighbors that I don’t even know their names. We’ve lived here four years. I want to be more intentional with my neighbors. I don’t need a car to share Christ with my neighbors. God, open doors. Starting with mine.
- *Via The Kiddos: My kiddos are involved in sports and activities. And at those sporting events, those kiddos have parents. Here’s the hesitation… no one wants to be the parent everyone avoids because you know they’re going to shove Jesus down your throat every time they see you… At the other end of the spectrum, I don’t want to miss an opportunity because I was worried about what the other parent may think of me. May I remind you, he was 41. I went 24 years without hearing the truth about salvation in Christ, by faith alone. I want to be intentional with the opportunities I have.
- *Lifestyle Evangelism: Do I want someone to look at me and think there’s just something different about her? Yes. Is that enough if I never share what the difference is? No. Listen, any milli-watt of light that escapes through me is God alone, and I don’t want there to be any question as to the source of the light – or simply be thought of as a ‘good person.’ Lots of ‘good people’ have gone to hell… and are on their way right now. (See… not warm-fuzzy, but true). Anyhoo, I ain’t all that good… but Jesus is good and He lives in me! (That’s warm-n-fuzzy!) I want to be intentional in my lifestyle.
- *Via My Blog: I pray that my blog will be a reflection of God’s truth, and the hope that we have in Him, that it will spotlight Jesus. It’s my hope and heartbeat if someone stops by here that it’s no mistake, and that God will breathe into them exactly what they need to hear at that moment. I want to be intentional with my blog. God has given us these voices, albeit written, sometimes video, to point to Him.
How ’bout you? I’d love to hear how you do it and have my eyes opened to even more possibilities to share in my own life!
How are you intentional about sharing Christ?